This week is a great week to stock up on barbecue items to use throughout the summer, because there are always great sales on that kind of stuff during the week leading up to July 4. Here are the top Independence Day grocery deals for Chicago's biggest supermarkets, which take effect Thursday, June 30. Almost anywhere you shop, it looks like you can get a big watermelon this week for under $3:
- Jewel-Osco would be my pick for coupon shopping this week, with Pillsbury brownie mix for free or just pennies, cheap pop, free or cheap granola bars, and $2.98 watermelons. Here's the full weekly Jewel-Osco ad summary.
- Dominick's is also offering good deals this week, with a special offer for each day through July 4. One day has ground beef for $1.99 (93 percent lean), and another day has 12-count Popsicle boxes for 99 cents. Watermelons are $2.98 every day. Here's the full weekly Dominick's ad summary.
- Aldi still has strawberries for 99 cents a pound and cantaloupe for 99 cents apiece. Kaiser buns are $1.69 a bag, and 48 oz. bags of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts are $5.49.
- Target has a flyer in today's Chicago Tribune with two store coupons: one for $1 off a 4-pack of Kraft Easy Mac cups and one for $1 off 8 oz. of Oscar Mayer bologna.
- Ultra has the "spend $12, get a $4 coupon" offer going for Nestle, Edy's and Skinny Cow ice cream novelties, priced at $2.77 each. Watermelons are also $2.98.
Here are some links to other Chicago-area grocery ads, thanks to reader johnkwilson:
Fresh Farms (Niles and Chicago)
Tony's (Chicago, Niles, Bridgeview, Melrose Park, Riverside)
Marketplace on Oakton (Skokie)
Village Marketplace (Skokie, Carol Stream)
Strack and Van Til (Chicago, Indiana)
A&G (5630 W. Belmont)